Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Swell Post

" The Swell" by Drew John Tankersley





Happy sez-I was going to save this painting until summer but the temptation to use this for a for one last New Year's post was overwhelming - OK ready - Have a SWELL New Year !!!  Sorry, but Ol' Happy sometimes gets these stupid and silly but SWELL punnys and I just can't help myself.  I do however plan to try to keep these impulses under tight control (of course control, especially self-control, has never been one of Happy's strong suits) in the New Year.

A great number of people make a New Year's resolution, and I believe a great number of people also break their resolution often within the first month or so.  I often did the same making and soon breaking that
resolution until one year many years ago I hit upon the perfect resolution, one you can keep, one that is realistic, and one that certainly reduces all the nervousness of trying to keep a resolution and all the guilt of not keeping one.  That resolution I made all those years ago and never broke? DO NOT MAKE NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS!!!!  If you need to make a change in your life try to do it as soon as you can.  Why wait until the years end, or next year's beginning?  After all isn't life what's happening between that moment that separates the years from one another, and shouldn't we live each moment of life as if it is that moment of beginning and ending?

Seems like a SWELL idea to me!  Sorry I just had to one last time.

Some SWELL (OOPS)  links:
Tnellen-pun
Pun of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment