Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

"Vibrant Flow" by Drew John Tankersley 
















Happy sez- Another day, another year and for those that awoke before light and was a part of the birth of a morning or to those that rallied the the suns explosion of a new dawn from the bleary-eyed perspective of  life's celebrations and to all in between Happy sez-  have GOOD AND HAPPY (sez-) NEW YEAR!!


Happy sez-
Nearly a half century ago when the blush of youth was still upon my cheek, a fine and wise old lady from the hills of Tennessee gave me a cure one morning after for that which was ailing me something mighty terrible from the night before:  she took a glass of milk which was something foreign and frightening to my body then proceeded to break and stir into that milk a raw egg. When she handed that ghastly mixture to  me with the admonishment to drink and drink it all at once, I felt I had three choices: 1. I could suddenly bolt to the bathroom  2. I could just die right now on the spot, or 3. I could choose a still certain but more interesting death so I took the mixture and with out thinking ( I had a lot of practice at that the night before) I drink it down suddenly and swiftly.  When the mixture stayed, with much rumblings, where I put it, I gave it about three minutes or so and suddenly the thought that life might go on glimmered then started to shine brighter like a beacon of hope.  I thought I would share this with you just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment