Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Yes Has No Power

"Color Lightning" by Drew John Tankersley

Happy sez-  It's seems of late that a lot of topics I am posting about are not the happy, light topics that are fun to talk and think about, but the world is made up of a little of everything, some of which are fun and some of which are serious.  One consolation is that if we talk about, pay attention to and take care of the serious side of life then we will be able to devote more of our time to the fun things!  The other day I heard someone on, I believe the radio, say something the I thought was profound yet obvious once it is pointed out. The subject was the bureaucracy and reasons why all the massive and burdensome rules and regulations before you can do the simplest thing.   I wish I could remember who said it and give them credit for it, if any of my readers know who originally said this I would love to know so please leave a comment and let me know! It might have been a person running for office, perhaps on a local level. The reason is quite simple -  there is no power in yes.  Power is only created by and brought into existence when someone has the ability to tell someone else no. No has power, yes does not - really quit simple.  That is why governments and especially bureaucracies grow not only in size but power.  That is why they cannot stop growing, almost like a progressive cancer left unchecked it will grow and progress until that is the only thing left, until all else is chocked out.  Not a pleasant subject, cancer - either in your physical body nor in your body politic but like a medical cancer early detection is best, the sooner you are aware of it the sooner you can cure yourself.  And that is a Happy Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment