Thursday, March 5, 2015

Clocks Forward

" In the Grain" by Drew John Tankersley


Happy sez-  How quick the cycle of the seasons go by; it will soon be time to set our clocks forward next weekend which means that my clock on the living room wall will be five minuets fast rather than a hour and five minuets fast.  Last fall I turned all the clocks back one hour except the main clock on the living room
wall, which I left set to Daylight Savings Time.  I don't really know why I did that perhaps it was just laziness or perhaps it was rebellion against the Standard Time of winter and the cold and darkness that is associated with that time of year but whatever it was, I left it set for summer for Daylight Savings Time and the warmth of the long days of summer.  The five minuets fast I leave as a cushion or buffer allowing me to think I have five minuets I don't really have.  Too bad you can't do that with your bank account!

Here is an interesting link:    

Time and date

No comments:

Post a Comment